The XVII Sports Gala held at the Mirador de Bahía awarded the best local athletes of the last year.
The event, organized by the group La Voz de Mazarrón in collaboration with the Department of Sports of the City of Mazarrón and the participation of local sponsoring companies, highlighted the worth of many Mazarron athletes according to the successes that were reaped and echoed. the local and regional media.
Alicia Jiménez, Mayor of Mazarrón, attended an event that was attended by the Secretary General of Education, Youth and Sports of the Autonomous Community of the Region of Murcia, María Robles.
The young speed driver, Pedro Acosta and the players of Bahia Mazarron Basket, Claudia Ballesta and Dolores Yepes, won the award for the best male and female athletes of the year.
Acosta was champion of Spain Speed â€‹â€‹Premoto3 in 2017 and currently competes in the world junior motorcycle 3. While the players of the Bay of Mazarrón Basket have participated with the Murcia team in the Minibasket Spain championships in San Fernando and have participated in the Spain Alevín Cup held in Valencia.
The best team of the year was awarded to the Mazarrón FC for their promotion to the Third Division and the best sports club went to the Puerto de Mazarrón Futsal CD for their success in different categories.
The award for the best event was for the VI Mazarrón Baseball Tournament and the prize for the best promise went to the taekwondo player Juan Mayorga, bronze medal in the junior Spanish championships.
Pedro Alonso and Fulgencio Gallego received the prize for the Dedication to Sport and Francisco Navarro "Puskas" the Legend of Sports Mazarron.
The ACKNOWLEDGMENT section completed the following list:
Chiara Muñoz, athlete of the BMX world, in the national league maintains the 1st position in the category of 8 to 10 years, her last test victory of the Valencian community was obtained in San Vicente del Raspéis (Alicante).
- Pablo López, Santi Bernal López, David Ardil Navarro and Domingo Acosta, European champions with the U-21 Beach Soccer Team
-Alfonso José García Bachiller, president of the Southeast Diving Club of Mazarrón.
-Mazarrón F. Sala: For his promotion to 3rd Division and 3rd place in the Final Four Copa de la Federación Murciana de Futbol Sala.
CD Mazarrón Table Tennis and Cristian Catevilla García: For his promotion to 2nd Division and Alevín champion in the top 8 of the Region of Murcia.
-Natalia Aznar Castillo, Abel Belhaki Rivas, Miriam Sáez del Vals, Tomás Zamora Ballesta, Miriam Sánchez Celdran, Pablo Méndez Guirado: athletes of the Mazarrón Athletics Club.
-Salvador Ardil Navarro and Raúl Ardil Navarro: players of the Spanish National Team of F. Playa, runners-up of the Mundialito de Almada (Portugal)
- Antonio Navarro López: goalkeeper of El Pozo FS and of the national U-17 team that has won the qualification for the Olympic Youth Games.
- Pedro Zamora, athlete of the Olimpo Gym Club, has won several podiums in Regional Championships and called by the Murcian Bodybuilding Team for the Spanish Cup.
- Alberto García Zamora Dani García Hernández Pablo García Moreno Nacho Madrid Navarro, all of them Futsal Division Futsal champions.
- Club Ciclista 9 1/2, a pioneer club in our municipality that has celebrated its 30th anniversary.
- Team Pegaso Aventura Team, champions of the MarocChallenge in the TT2 category.
- Club de Petanca Puerto de Mazarrón, champions of the Honor Division.
- Mazarrón F. Base, League Champion and promotion of category.
- Club Petanca Costa Cálida, for its promotion to División de Honor.
Juan Antonio Sánchez, Spanish Time Trial Champion in Málaga in adapted cycling and summoned by the Spanish national team at the World Cup in Italy.
- Jaime Raja Aparicio, regional champion sub-23 of discus throwing.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Mazarrón