murcia

Portal de Mazarron

www.portaldemazarron.com

Mazarron - SpanishMazarron - English
detail of Mazarron

 

Tourism ends the path that joins the Greenway of Mazarrón with the urban area of ​​the municipality (22/06/2019)

The performance, co-financed with Feder funds, has entailed a cost of 125,000 euros

The Green Route of Mazarrón is already connected to the urban area of ​​the municipality, thanks to a path or lane of continuity that connects the reception area of ​​the beginning of this road (located west of the hill of San Cristóbal) to the city, together to the RM-D4 highway.

The acting Minister of Tourism and Culture, Miriam Guardiola, said that the new infrastructure aims to "promote the greater use and functionality of the Greenway, by improving the safety conditions for pedestrians and cyclists from the town of Mazarrón."

The actions, whose endowment was around 125,000 euros (80 percent financed with Feder funds and the remaining 20 percent with own funds of the Community) included the preparation of the platform and treatment of the firm along 1.3 kilometers , the installation of a protective barrier and the installation of safety rails and signaling elements.

The main work of the Vía Verde de Mazarrón was inaugurated in August 2017, with a length of 13.7 kilometers between the hill of San Cristóbal (Mazarrón) until the vicinity of La Pinilla (in the municipality of Fuente Álamo), where connects with the Green Route of the Cartagena Field, which connects Cartagena with Totana.

At present the Region of Murcia has a total of four greenways: the Northwest, the Campo de Cartagena, the Mazarrón and the Almendricos, among which account for more than 150 kilometers.

The greenways "are one of the main instruments for the sustainable development of inland tourism, and one of the tourism modalities that reduce the negative impacts on the environment," explained Guardiola.

The sports and leisure uses in contact with nature are considered as optimal claims to attract more tourists in the low season and contribute to the economic reactivation of these areas and the creation of employment.

Source: CARM

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2019 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información